Special Religious Education (SRE) in Schools
New Life Christian Fellowship Narrabri Incorporated is a recognised provider of SRE. We participate in SRE or Scripture in the local Public Schools in a co-operative arrangement with the other churches in Narrabri.
For Primary Schools, the age appropriate curriculum we use can be found on the Christian Education Publications website. We use the following materials:
• Beginning with God (Kindergarten)
• Connect (Infant/ Primary). In 2019 we will be following unit B1 which focuses on God's promises
• Big Questions (some upper Primary classes). In 2019 we will be using Semester 2 material which can be viewed here
In Narrabri High School, SRE is provided for Years 7 and 8 through the NarrabriHigh School Ministry. The curriculum for these classes ca be seen on their web-site.
As required by the NSW Department of Education and Communities our Leadfership Team is required to provide authorisation and accreditation to all teachers representing New Life in the schools.
This simply means that the Leadership Team has given a teacher authority to teach SRE on our behalf. As SRE classes are cross-denominational, the pastors of each church jointly authorise the SRE teachers from all churches.
This is a training process by which we ensure that SRE teachers are familiar with child protection, classroom management and doctrinal issues so that they are as eqipped as possible for this important ministry.
You may view our SRE Teachers Accreditation Policy here.
If the teacher belongs to New Life please call Pastor Keiith Bates on 67924890 to make an appointment to discuss the issue.
We will investigate any complaint as quickly as possible.
For serious complaints, the SRE teacher will be stood down from teaching roles pending the outcome of the investigation.
If a crime may have been committed the police and school principal will be contacted.
At the end of the process we will:
- advise you of the result
- advise the school through the SRE co-ordinator
- take any further internal church discipline processes that may be required. This may include removing our authorisation for the person to teach SRE